This year’s Kingston Smith survey of marketing services companies shows the industry is facing some interesting challenges. Brexit, brands taking some marketing in-house, controlling overheads, the pace of change and access to great talent were just some of the issues raised in the survey. But overall, the picture is positive – the sector is […]
Why do people become trolls online? It’s an area that I’ve spoken about at TEDx, including my own experience at the hands of trolls, and one that fascinates me. Part of what we do is to consult brands on how to deal with difficult issues and situations on social media. Understanding what environments trolls thrive […]
Back in May, I had the great privilege of being one of 15 female business founders invited on a trade mission to Silicon Valley. It was run by the Mayor of London’s office, part of a series of events to promote successful, growing businesses from the UK, and to position London (where our HQ is) […]
This was my first year at Cannes Lions. The Social Element is more involved than ever in the creative side of marketing, and our clients and agency partners are among those winning the biggest awards in the creative industries. It’s important to me that we are there to celebrate their successes, to take our place […]
- Steemit – the social network that pays users for their content
- Purpose-driven marketing – a brand putting money where its mouth is
- Vero: can the authenticity app compete with mainstream social media?
- New Year’s Resolutions and the Morality of Social Media Platforms
- Does Facebook’s latest privacy scandal matter to users?