We’re continuing to deal with the uncertainty and anxieties of life during lockdown.
All of us will have different challenges to deal with, different commitments to juggle.
Some may be furloughed, and others trying to work from home while distracted by the news, children at home, the lack of usual support networks – as well as worrying about the welfare of our friends and family.
It’s hard to know where to turn to get the most useful blog posts and articles published about how we can deal with the situation we find ourselves in.
So I decided to create a list of some of my favourite articles and blog posts on the issues surrounding living and working in lockdown.
If there are any posts out there that have helped you, let us know and we’ll add them to the list.
- One of my recent blog posts looked at measures businesses can take to adapt to remote working – this is a good place to start if you find yourself managing a team remotely for the first time.
- Another good post for anyone in leadership is one from Fast Company on setting priorities during the crisis.
- If you’ve been anxious after trawling through social media, you may want to take a look at Chatelle’s post on curating your social media experience.
- Public relations expert, Stephen Waddingon, has written a brilliant post on personal resilience in times of crisis.
- The anxiety and depression association of America published a great post on managing anxiety and isolation during quarantine.
- The Drum published an article on what agencies are doing to support the mental health and wellbeing of their employees during lockdown.
- If you’re beating yourself up about having problems with your ability to focus on work, this post on focus management may help.
- The Huffington Post has published a blog on why uncertainty is tough to deal with and how we can cope with living in uncertain times.
- This is a lovely site that curates all the good news – a refreshing change for those who want a bit of positivity: Something Positive
- Maja Pawinska Sims writes in PRovoke about the impact of COVID-19 on the PR world, but this is a piece relevant for anyone in communications. She talks about dealing with anxiety, isolation, and the importance of humanity.
- There’s a great post, over on Harvard’s professional development site, which looks at the challenges of managing virtual teams and how managers can overcome them.
- Technology agency, WeAreBrain, published a blog post examining ways that business leaders can keep team morale up during the lockdown.
- The Conversation published a fascinating post looking at the importance of detaching from work. Psychologists say that the kind of self-control people need to practise all the time when working from home can be very mentally draining and result in unhealthy behaviours. It’s vital that we all take the time we aren’t working to detach from work fully – no emails or even thoughts of work – in order to recharge.
I’ll keep adding to this list as I find more inspiring articles and blog posts – and if you’ve seen something you’ve found relevant and interesting, please do share it with me.