Pivoting your social media
Brands are pivoting their messaging and communications
- Alcohol brands are adapting messages from going out and enjoying drinks with friends to staying in, but still drinking responsibly.
- Travel companies have been severely affected by the global pandemic. Many countries have banned all but essential journeys outside of the home, leaving travel companies dealing with huge losses.
- Most retailers already have ecommerce options in place, but for brick and mortar stores, they often use social media to encourage people into their shops.
There are six areas that we advise brands to focus on when adapting their social media strategy.
- Focus on consumers
- Think about the relevance of messaging
- Communicate with empathy and reassess tone of voice
- Listen to what people are saying
- Communicate and demonstrate brand values
- Look for ways to maintain consumer relationships
Many businesses are fighting for survival right now, and so are their customers. Everyone needs some support – and that goes for brands and consumers, too. Now is the time to build good will to help businesses back on their feet after the crisis has passed.